Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

21 Jun 2015

Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

Me with my superman Dad, Image copyright @ RohanSinha


Happy Father’s Day, Dad! I forgot to call you in the morning as I wake up late after attending my friend’s birthday party last night. It was you who called me this morning for some reason and before hanging the phone you indirectly asked whether I had to say anything and I said No.

Immediately after our conversation ended, I got one message from Dominos and immediately realized that today is Father’s day. I called instantly to wish him and told that I remembered Father’s day but forgot it today. I am writing this to acknowledge that Fathers are generally unable to express their love for their children. They are not like Mothers, who don’t shy from expressing their love and affection for their child.

Fathers are always there like  a pillar of support and act as a Firewall and save us from all that may harm us. They are concerned with our progress, our success and our well being. But, unlike Mothers, can’t express it always. Generally children are more attached to Mothers because fathers are perceived as more strict.

Mothers and Fathers have complementary qualities which are required for the all round development of a child.  I want to say that my motivation to study when I felt otherwise was the inspiration I got from the hard work my father was doing. During his career of more than thirty five years, I remember those difficult times when you had to commute for more than 6-7 hours.  In those times also, he used to find the positive aspects of the situation.

My father is a realist but when it comes to handling difficult situation then at that time he is a very optimistic person.  At more than double my age, he is more athletic and can handle more work than me. It is a reminder and motivation that I need to improve so much to match his capabilities. He is very strong emotionally and is the perfect barrier from all that is undesirable and harmful.

The ability to handle extreme pressure and patience are the key attributes of my father. He has outstanding people management skills and has very good sense of humor. Many executives fail to handle extreme pressure and this makes me believe that my father can be an asset in a corporate company. However, as far as I understand, he has some other plans after his retirement as a staunch banker. My respect for my father only goes up and up with each passing moment.

Few days ago, I came across a question on a social network where a member wanted to find a mentor as he didn’t had good relationship with his father. I really pitied on that poor ignorant fellow that no mentor can take place of one’s father and one should always respect and love one’s own father and mother. Petty things must not affect a relationship, as pure as that of a Father and a child. I don’t know whether I was successful in enlightening that ignorant questioner but I am satisfied that I did what I felt was correct.

I am really worried by the current trend where many people fight with their parents over property or other trivial matters. It is a shame for India that these types are incidents are occurring in this holy land. I am hopeful that the so-called modern generation has the wisdom to regard their parents as their real asset and feel the bliss.

Another disturbing trend is that people find it easier to keep a pet but their parents are a burden to them. It is shameful that we are unable to fulfill our duty.  I feel it is the responsibility of every child, male or female to take care of their parents and in-laws. And more than one child means more support and love. The children must all die to serve their parents. The draconian rules have to be abolished and new and more reasonable approach has to be adopted to be on the right track.

Parents are the gems of every family; they have to be accorded highest regards and utmost care in every home. They are not meant to spend the last stage of their life in old age home. I can only say that what you are doing to your parents will be learned and implemented on you by your own child. So, chose carefully what you want your child to learn.

I have also experienced that there have been times in the past when you feel that your Dad is strict, and you fear them. Then they start opening up as you grow up and during this time you start feeling that there are many things your Dad can do differently. You question many of his decisions and feel like you are the one who knows everything better than your Dad. After that ignorant phase, once you grow to my age you will have a different perspective and will gradually realized that your dad was always perfect.

I now know that when I was a kid, my dad was a bit strict so that I don’t acquire bad habits. Gradually, he started to become more of a friend and you never realize when this happened that he is the most trusted friend. I know my father loves me a lot but he will never express that often. The love of a dad is unconditional and probably to understand it better, I have to be one someday. But, I only want to make my father and mother proud and do things which make them feel special and blessed to have me as their child.

I can only say that I am blessed to have you as my father. I am also incapable to express my love, respect and admiration for you in person. Hope someday we overcome our inhibition and express our love and affection for one another.

BY- Rohan Sinha

You may also like the following posts:



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive