Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

5 Oct 2015

Shivani Yadav : The brave heart fighting blood cancer

She graduated, got a good job and was engaged to a handsome and loving guy. 

What else she wanted, not blood cancer for sure, not blood cancer, the very next day of her engagement.

Dedicated to a girl who is fighting blood cancer


She is a 23 year old girl working as a Software Engineer at Cognizant in Pune. She needs 51 Lakh for her operation. She has got donations worth 14 Lakh through Facebook and Milaap. The individual support is overwhelming but still short of the target.

This girl is not my sister, not my friend and I didn't knew about her till yesterday. There are many who get deadly diseases. I am pained every time I see something like this but she brought tears to my eyes and this is the first time that I have decided to go out of the way to do whatever I can do. I am not selfless but selfish as I see her as very relate-able. My family is insured by my Employer. I thought I am secured. I was stupid to think that 4-5 Lakh of annual hospitalization cover is enough. So, I am baffled and disturbed. I am so concerned and disturbed about her well being because
  • She is a college senior of my brother, who is not earning as he is still a student but is collecting funds for her. When he told he raised 4000, I felt the pinch and decided to jump in and help her in cash and kind.
  • She is working in Cognizant. My sister is placed in the same company few days ago. Now, this girl looks like a sister whom I have to help.
  • Her Fiance is a Mechanical engineer, so am I.
  • She is just 23. She has to live and experience many things.

Please visit the Facebook Page  Get Well Soon Shivani Yadav , which has got more than 7300 well wishers. Please like and share her page. 

Further, as suggested in comments, I am sharing her bank details below:

Her treatment started in three phases from Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai.(Kharghar).

Shivani Yadav's Bank Account Details:

Account Holder: Shivani Yadav
Account Type: Savings
Acc. No. : 50100074404466
IFSC code : HDFC0002524
Branch Name: Pimple Saudagar, Pune

Your small contribution will not change the world though it will touch the life of a girl who need it to defeat Cancer. Please visit the webpage created by her well wishers Get Well Soon Shivani Yadav
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive